About Me

My photo
Chicago, United States
Single mom of two from Chicago.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Almost Disappointed

I had a monthly doctor visit yesterday. I got on the scale anxious to see a drop in my weight from the number I saw at home last week. However, despite the prior knowledge that I was wearing clothes and had my diet shake and a banana in my gut, I was NOT expecting to see a rise of five pounds on that scale!!! So, when the doc walked in I was immediately like, I disagree with that scale! I was at such n such last week at home....etc etc...but then, she tells me that I've lost 8 pounds since the last visit a month ago. I was five pounds more than I thought I was when I finally decided to take a step in the right direction. So while I thought the doc's scale was only going to show a 1-2 pound loss, it didn't. She was pleased. I was relieved. Relieved because I had lost weight AND I was tempted to just say screw the day ....I did all this work and I only lost almost two pounds....and have a greasy gyros or burger. But....I went home...had fruit and leftover chili, water, and last night a sensible mini dinner before bed. 1800+ calories for the day. "You done good kid.....you done good."

No comments:

Post a Comment